With Facebook people can connect with friends and stay updated; with Twitter people receive regular news updates, and with YouTube people find videos that go viral extremely fast.
The ability to share information found on the Internet enables users to plan, set goals, and recommend interesting products. It should come as no surprise, then, that Pinterest is fast becoming a top social networking tool. Launched in 2010, Pinterest is a service that allows users to bookmark or "pin" links of interest and categorize them onto custom "boards" on a person's account. Pinterest users can follow other accounts and comment on entries, like them in the same way as a Facebook page, and "repin" entries to any of their own boards. One can also shift Pinterest activity to Twitter and Facebook profiles for extra exposure.
Of course, with the advent of new social innovation comes the interest among businesses to use it as a marketing tool. Whether your intent is to promote products, travel options, or even a professional service, the potential for attracting attention via Pinterest is there. One only has to be able to use the site effectively.
With Pinterest, you are looking at specific objectives for achieving high visibility:
• Gaining followers so pins from your boards show when they log in.
• Encouraging people to re-pin your entries to their boards and creating opportunity for viral sharing.
• Encouraging click-throughs on the entries to the site of origin.
This visibility will hopefully increase leads and sales to your business. As with other social tools, it may only take one event to create viral interest.
On Pinterest you can let your creativity shine by creating boards that inspire followers. You can create multiple boards that focus on different aspects of your business.
Whether Pinterest will supercede Twitter and Facebook as the main social platform is yet to be determined. It is certainly the hot new kid on the block right now, and if you are able to build a following through Pinterest it will help you to interact with users well.
On that note, I came across this great course - Simple Pinterest Traffic System.
This is a six module video course created to teach everything you need to know to use Pinterest effectively to get targeted traffic.
I'd highly recommend it if you're wanting to learn all about Marketing and Traffic with Pinterest
As usual, please share your love with the social sharing to the left and below if you liked this post, and please let me know your comments too.
P.S. I also created another post titled Pinterest...So What's it All About? that you may enjoy!
In this blog post I want to highlight something that far too many people are MISSING OUT ON!
As you may have guessed by the subject, it is of course USING HIGH QUALITY GRAPHICS!
We've all heard the phrase '"A picture paints a thousand words", so why are so many people still missing out on this?
Let me highlight just a few ways that high quality graphics can help you...
1. Using high quality graphics on a product sales page - I've seen this time and time again, where people use low quality, poor, unrelated, distorted or over sized graphics when selling a product. If you initially look at a page and it reflects low quality and unprofessional design, then before you even read a word on the page you instantly think the product itself is low quality and unprofessional, even if it's the best thing since sliced bread!
2. Using high quality graphics on a squeeze page - The same applies to your squeeze pages as on your sales pages, if you're using low quality, poor, unrelated, distorted or over sized graphics on your squeeze pages to hopefully build your list, then potential subscribers are put off before they even see what they get in return for opting in. All your traffic generation efforts are being wasted if the page does not attract their optin.
3. Using high quality graphics in your product itself - If your product itself stands out from the crowd and looks awesome, customers instantly feel assured that you have spent an equal amount of time with the actual product, making it better for you and better for them too. Plus, all your promotional tools that relate to it will also look great too, generating a lot more sales and attracting a lot more affiliates to promote it!
4. Using high quality graphics in social media - Here's a question for you, if you see a text link on Facebook and you see a really nice picture, which would you be attracted to? I know the images get me every time, that's one of the reasons Pinterest is the fastest growing social media site in the world at the moment!
5. Using high quality graphics in promotions - This is another thing that I have personally tested extensively, trust me when I say this works like 20x better than regular text or poor quality graphics. I've used this time and time again and PROVED it generates many, many more affiliate sales.
6. Using high quality graphics in your videos and presentations - You know how big videos are at the moment, so why go to all the trouble of creating a great video, only to cheapen it with poor graphics! Create the video in high resolution (960x540) with high quality graphics and you will then have a lot more options with it. You can always reduce sizes without losing quality, but never increase without losing quality!
7. Using high quality graphics to theme your sales pages, squeeze pages or promotions on a particular time of the year - Let's take Christmas as an example here, how many times have you seen big companies and big marketers put out a 'Christmas Sale' or 'Christmas Special', there's a very good reason for that and it's because at that time of year sales are boosted DRAMATICALLY, so it makes sense to grab a hold of some of that MASSIVE TRAFFIC. The same applies to any special event throughout the year.
NOTE* This is also a very IMPORTANT point to note when hosting ANY graphics, or ANY website for that matter... USE A GOOD QUALITY, TRIED AND TESTED WEB HOST like BlueHost, a website is only as good as the host it resides on!
If you want to take advantage of using the 'time of year' graphics then I have a special treat for you, this has not even been released yet, it's a 'CRACKING' package of BRAND NEW Christmas Minisite Templates.
I would also suggest you grab all your custom designs from the same place as me and many others... GFX-1.
If you just need images to add to videos and posts etc. then I would very highly recommend you get them from a 'trusted' source like Fotolia.
I really hope this post has helped you understand the IMPORTANCE of using HIGH QUALITY GRAPHICS.
Please share your love with the social sharing to the left and below if you liked this post, and please let me know your comments too.
Have a great Xmas guys.
Basically, Pinterest is a site full of images, just like you would find in a catalogue. You can create as many categories as you like and you can share the pins of other users in what is called a 'repin', or pin off the Internet from sites that have been wise enough to add a 'pin it' button to their site. The person who is sharing is referred to as the 'pinner'.
Why would you make the effort to start using Pinterest?
Well, put it this way, Pinterest is by far the fastest growing social media site in the world at this moment in time!
It's actually got well over 11.7 million unique users, making it the fastest site in history to break through the 10 million unique visitor mark.
So that makes Pinterest the third most popular social network at the moment, behind Facebook and Twitter.
Now that we've established how popular and fast growing Pinterest is, let's see how we can use it, and more importantly how it can help make our lives easier.
The first thing you need to do is to request an invitation to join, you can do that here for free.
Once you have your account you can then start pinning, it's really simple to work out, there's nothing hard about it, first edit your profile and then create your 'boards' (categories) for your pinned images.
A simple way to pin 'any' image you see is to install a Pinterest addon for your web browser, I use the Pinterest Right Click addon for Firefox, you can get it here if you need it.
However, it's also simple to 'repin' images that other users have already pinned, by simply browsing the images in Pinterest and clicking the 'repin' icon in the top left of the image, this will then pin that image to your chosen board.
There's also some really simple tools inside Pinterest that you can use to add 'Pin It' and 'Follow' buttons onto your websites, just like this one:
Another really cool thing about Pinterest that I personally love is the mobile phone app, if you pin an image from there, you can also set it up to post the image on Facebook and Twitter, you can also take an image from your phone and pin it at the same time.
Maybe now more people will start to add more high quality images relating to their products and services! Oh, if you ever need any images then you can't beat GFX-1 for quality and cost.
There's obviously a lot more about Pinterest than I would want to bore you with here, so I've got a complete eBook about the subject for you totally free, you can download it here.
Feel free to share/sell this eBook, as long as you don't change the content, if you need any PLR material for yourself, then look no further than our PLR Monthly site.
Oh, don't forget to share your love with the social sharing below, and please let me know your comments on Pinterest, good or bad
OK, unless you have buried in work for the last month or two (like me :-)), you will have heard about the new Facebook timeline changes for all fan pages.
Basically, on March 30th 2012 all pages will be automatically changed over to the new timeline format on Facebook
So I would recommend you go and familiarize yourself with the new layout before Facebook makes the change.
I personally think it's a great update, I know it's a bit of a pain to update your pages, but there are loads of new features that are pretty cool:
Cool New Features:
Massive Cover Photo Size
The cover photo, or main image at the top of your page can now be upto 851 pixels wide, giving you a LOT more exposure to highlight your page.
Cover photos are 851 pixels wide and 315 pixels tall. If you upload an image that's smaller than these dimensions, it will get stretched to this larger size. The image you upload must be at least 399 pixels wide.
Facebook has set a few rules with this though, check them out:
Cover images must be at least 399 pixels wide and may not contain:
Price or purchase information, such as "40% off" or "Download it at our website"
Contact information, such as web address, email, mailing address or other information intended for your Page's About section
References to user interface elements, such as Like or Share, or any other Facebook site features
Calls to action, such as "Get it now" or "Tell your friends"
All cover images are public, which means anyone visiting your Page will be able to see the image you choose. Covers must not be false, deceptive or misleading, and must not infringe on third parties' intellectual property. You may not encourage or incentivize people to upload your cover image to their personal timelines.
Oh, and they'll probably keep updating them, so make sure you keep checking!
Much Wider Page Tabs
This is great in my opinion, the old page tabs used to be 520px wide, allowing you to use around 500px before scrolling, but the new ones are a massive 810px wide which you can place a decent 790px page into.
That's pretty much a full size website, giving you a LOT more scope for making your page look cool with loads of content.
Better Tab Icons
The tab icons that link to your 'Photos', 'Likes' and custom tabs etc. are placed very prominently just below your cover photo, they are much larger than the previous ones (109x72px)
Fan Page Messaging
This is also a pretty cool feature, pages now have the option to show a 'Message' button just below the cover photo, so fans can message the page privately. As I said it's optional, but by default it shows the message button.
It's a good way for your fans to interact with you I think, as long as it does not get abused. Guess we'll have to see how that goes eh!
Highlighting and Pinning Posts
This is definitely a cool feature, by simply clicking the little star at the top of a post you can 'highlight' it, making it full page width, and by clicking the little pencil icon you can pin that post to the top of your page.
Awesome idea for those 'need to be seen' posts!
New Page Admin Panel
This is also a pretty cool feature, you can now view your admin panel in great detail above your page, giving you information on notifications, messages, likes, insights and page tips right at your fingertips
Not So Cool New Features:
Default Landing Tab Removal
Booooooo, the default landing tab is going to be removed, so you can't set which page a fan will land on by default, it's not a big drawback, especially with the new tab icon size being more readable, but nevertheless it's not so cool!
Please let me know your thoughts on the new Facebook timeline changes, and feel free to share one link to your new fan page once you have it set up.
Also, don't forget to 'like' and share this post using the options below too please!
Simple Success System
Dave Nicholson Coaching
Free Monthly Websites 2.0
How Do I Start Online?
ClickBank Affiliate Master
Multi Profit Websites
Your Software Website
ClickBank Ad Rotator
Digital Media Solution
The Niche Goldmine
Total Web Traffic
- September 2014
- April 2014
- October 2013
- September 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- May 2012
- March 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- September 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- December 2010
- May 2010
- December 2009
- October 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
Great Limited Deals
- How To Get Website Visitors To Click Your Links
- Marketing and Traffic with Pinterest!
- Important Tips on How to Drive Free Targeted Traffic to Your Website!
- Make Money FAST With Your PLR Material!
- 5 Essential WordPress Beginner Tips
Great Limited Deals
- Traffics Cool (43% Discount)
- Facebook Mastery (82% Discount)
- Tube Tutorials (37% Discount)
- SureFire Solo Ads (54% Discount)
- WP U Pop (79% Discount)
- Easy Member Site Creator (63% Discount)
- Simple Smart System (67% Discount)
- Free Stuff
- Guest Posts
- List Building
- Money Making
- Social Networking
- Special Offers